4G HIGHWAYS PLAN: PEGASUS AND ICARUS IN THE COLOMBIAN JUNGLE
The 4G highways programme, or Fourth Generation Road Infrastructure Programme, is an initiative in support of Colombia’s economic development and involves the construction of 8000 kilometers of roads and over 40 highway projects. It is a large-scale investment in both economic and design terms, one that requires the intervention of high-performance, versatile mechanical and technological solutions.
Among the equipment chosen to implement the programme of improving Colombia’s highway infrastructure were Dieci telehandlers for construction, specifically Icarus and Pegasus.
Thanks to their particular characteristics of strength, adaptability and great versatility, the Dieci vehicles have proven instrumental in numerous phases of the program, such as:
- tunnel consolidation works
- excavation faces and embankments
- lifting and transport of materials
- installation of ventilation systems and scaffolding
- assembly and disassembly of centering and form-work
WHY ICARUS WAS CHOSEN
Among the many vehicles in the Dieci range, ICARUS and PEGASUS have proven to be the best solution for improving Colombia’s highway infrastructure, thanks to characteristics that make them outstanding assets on construction sites, such as:
- structure designed for off-road use and safe working
- high maneuverability, lifting capacity and material handling capabilities
- great versatility thanks to innovative technology and numerous compatible attachments, such as baskets, trestle jibs with winch, buckets, lifting hooks
In addition, Icarus and Pegasus complement each other perfectly, enabling them to meet every lifting and handling need. On the construction site they are used in alternation with a drilling rig, supporting safe tunnel construction by helping to install ventilation, waterproofing and electrical systems.
ICARUS: AMONG THE BEST SOLUTIONS FOR MAJOR CONSTRUCTION AND INDUSTRIAL WORKS
Icarus is a fixed boom telehandler that is distinguished by its robustness, reliability and ease of use. It a vehicle that can reach heights of up to 18 metres, with a lifting capacity of 5 tonnes and consistently excellent stability.
Icarus is ideal for working in atypical environments, thanks to:
- the separator pre-filter applied to the air filter, which is essential for working in dusty environments
- the engine hood, which is designed to limit heat dissipation
- the air-conditioned cab, which allows the operator to work in a safe and comfortable environment
PEGASUS, A SINGLE SOLUTION TO MULTIPLE NEEDS
Pegasus is part of the Dieci line of rotating telehandlers. The boom is capable of 360° continuous rotation and 400° non-continuous rotation. It simplifies the lifting and handling of materials, including very heavy loads, based on a simple, safe and efficient system. It has a maximum load capacity of 6000 kg and a maximum lifting height of almost 30 metres.
Covering a large operating area, it offers the driver a vast array of solutions, concentrated into a single vehicle that can perform tasks usually entrusted to a crane, aerial platform and telehandler. Especially ideal for large projects, it offers immediate solutions for any contingency.
Leave a comment
Please note, comments must be approved before they are published